This chocolate banana snack will sooth your cravings for something deliciously sweet. Chocolate banana snacks are healthy and quick to make. I wrote this post at my parent’s home, during my visit to Germany. I will get more into detail about this great trip in later posts. While I was there I had this one day I was craving something sweet, but couldn’t figure out what I wanted. It is a tradition in our family to have coffee and cake around 4pm. However cake is something I love, but that would have taken too long to bake to satisfy my sweet tooth. I have to admit once I crave sweet foods, I have to follow through. I know it’s a bad habit. It sounds silly, but that’s just me. However, I don’t go for first candy I see. It has to be a bit healthy, too.
So while I searched my parents home for goodies I discovered a professional crêpe stove. This one actually belonged to my sister who used to run a creperie in my home town in Germany. ” That’s awesome” I said to my self. Who in a world has a professional crêpe stove at home. “I’m going to make myself some decent crepes” I happily said. Unfortunately the electric cord was missing so I couldn’t make crepes that day. I spoke to my sister to bring the cord so we can make crepes one day.
Back to my cravings. I usually would make myself a granola cereal with bananas and vanilla soy milk, which is one of my favorite snacks or quick meals. This wasn’t what I wanted even though it is healthy. These thoughts brought me to this chocolate banana snack, which by the way is much more nutritious than cake.
For this recipe I melted the chocolate. Not to be confused with tempered chocolate, even though it would look better. Since I only used a small amount of chocolate it makes no sense to temper it. Premium chocolate obviously taste better than no name brand. I used 60% dark and 40% milk chocolate.
I think this snack would be perfect for Halloween. Instead of feeding our children unhealthy candy, chocolate banana snacks are appealing and healthy.
What is your favorite snack? Do you have one?
Do you crave foods or am I the only one? Let me know. Leave a comment.
- 3 oz dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 oz milk chocolate, chopped
- 4 – ¼ inch banana slices, cut on a bias
- 4 tbsp cereal of your choice
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
- 2 dried red cherries
- A few blueberries or strawberries for decoration
- In a double boiler melt chocolate. Stir occasional.
- Mix 1-2 tbsp of molten chocolate with the cereal.
- Place about one tbsp of chocolate cereal mixture on each banana slice.
- Than pour warm chocolate over the cereal snacks.
- Sprinkle coconut flakes atop the chocolate banana snacks.
- Decorate with dried cherries.
- Dip a whisk into the chocolate and in a quick left and right motion drip chocolate all over the plate.
- Decorate plate with berries and place chocolate banana snack on it. Enjoy