This recipe is for those guys who never have time to put a dish on the table, myself included. I should have created a blog with dishes under 20 minutes. At least once a week I scramble and think what can I cook in less than 25 minutes. However, I love to cook really nice dishes, too. Those of course take far longer to cook, but are a lot more enjoyable.
The following dish is served without starches, since my wife is cutting down on starchy foods like rice and potatoes. Here we have a tilapia filet which is marinated with a few spices, placed over lightly blanched vegetables & baked for about 12 minutes in the oven at 375 degrees. That’s it. The best part is that the vegetables absorb all the good juices and flavors of the fish.
- 4 tilapia filets, cleaned
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried pepper flakes
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 carrots, peeled & diced
- 1 broccoli reansed & cut in small florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cleaned & diced
- Marinate tilapia filets with all spices and olive oil, set a site.
- Blanch or steam all vegetables for about 2-3 minutes. Vegetables should slightly undercooked. Carrots need a little longer unless you like them crunchy.
- Scoop vegetables in the center of a Pyrex dish or any heat resistant oven pan.
- Place raw fish on top of the vegetables.
- Bake for about 10 minutes and add butter atop the fish.
- Bake tilapia for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Let rest one more minute and serve immediately.
Have you been in the same situation, with no time to cook. What did you do?